Friday, May 8, 2015

Why does this ALWAYS happen?

Getting back to the gym is the best thing that's happened to me in a LONG time. I love knowing that I'm doing something good for my health, and by going so early in the morning, I'm not even awake enough to mind. Why then, do I always contract the plague a week into my new routine?

I'm SO MAD! As annoying as having a cold with a stuffy head is anyway, to have to stop exercising has really twisted my chain. I think this is the first time that I've been mad about it as opposed to complacent or just accepting of my fate and not going back. I'm happy that I miss it, and that I'm looking forward to going back. Those 5K's in September aren't going to speedwalk themselves, and I will be there getting spray painted and wearing tutu's and tiaras. How is that not fun?

I went to the doctor today and got some medicine to help me feel better, but I think there's more than my physical health that's bothering me. My day job is an absolute nightmare these days. I made the unfortunate decision to try to make things better for myself and my team, and it's blown up in my face. My boss has taken everything I was responsible for away from me, and I have nothing to focus on. It's rough, and I'm trying to hang on long enough to find a new role somewhere close by, but it isn't easy. I end every day cranky, exhausted and unhappy. Then, I have to pick up the boys, and do the single mom thing for a couple of hours until hubby gets home. Hubby helps put the little ones to bed, and then he zones out to relax from his day. Not a whole lot of quality time happening right now, and that's disappointing.

I've been visiting my therapist frequently, and she tells me that my life right now is pretty typical for a woman in her late 30s with little kids, but holy crap, this is rough. I dream about running away from home, but where would I go? I love my men, the big one and the two littles. I just have a very active mind that likes to remember simpler times when there were no responsibilities and nothing on the calendar. There are times when I long to go back to that, and I'm in the middle of one of those times. It's not a great place for my head to be, and I pray that as I feel better, the desire to escape will recede and I can get back to my life of good wife, happy mommy, and fulfilled employee.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to go back to bed with my Afrin, tissues, and Advil and pray for a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment